By Jawad Ahmed
Because of the technological advancement throughout the century, documents have gone paperless, and privacy has become more stable and stronger. Amar Bebsha Limited has been working relentlessly with its stronghold management and developers to cope with the concurrent world sprint. Recently, we introduced Electronic Document Management System(EDMS) to exclude the hassles of paper storing and designated privacy. The following feature list can give a transparent idea to our users about what we developed and what purpose it will serve.
- Several Directory generations: Th EDMS lets users generate different folders in various directories to sort out the documents and keep them well organized.
- Document Upload: These directories can have their documents of any format. There is an “Add document” button in every directory to help upload. Maximum file size can be flexible based on the server weight.
- Document abbreviations: The documents can have individual information regarding name, comment, keywords (to help search faster) and expiry date. The expiry date appears on a calendar page separately to help them filter out. Categorized sequencing is also available to make a document a sub-category under a specific category. The EDMS maintains the hierarchy well.
- Add user: The system lets create different users with the necessary information. It can generate login details for them based on access level. The users can be assigned to some groups later to make the workflow and privacy lookalike and precise for the same type of users. The super admin can disable any account any time with just one click.
- Assign Role: The admin can create different roles based on necessities and privacy endorsement. Then the roles can be assigned to particular users to measure how they will react to the EDMS.
- Assign Permission: The admin can define permissions for a specific document/folder for an individual user. If the authorization is denied for a particular user, they can’t access the file/folder. The admin can also change the read, write status for a file. In this way, the unwelcomed entry of intruders to a file is stopped. The system works like a cabinet. We can only open the drawer of a cabinet if we are given the key of its lock. In the same manner, the EDMS protects against the privacy breach.
- File Logs: This window is only displayed to the administrator (or permitted person). Here, the admin can see the details of file size, creation time and can view, download or even delete them. All from just a single page.File/Document Check: This system is for validation. If a file is corrupted or contains wrong formats or missing file size, all of these can be accessed here.
- Charts: The page can visualize the average. Average means documents uploaded by each user, allocated for each user, documents per category, and new records per month- everything will be pictured here with appropriate legends.
- Settings: The settings page is there to make the system more dynamic and customizable. The system name, footnote, default height and weight, language, everything can be changed from here. This is the page that decides how the system will behave and to what extent.
- Timeline: Timeline represents the date stamps of activities done through the system. The timeline shows pending approval, review approval or draft, every number through a graph.
- Contents Overview: This page lets the administrator check the overall system history. Suppose Person A uploads a document and he was already given a clearance level. So, in that case, his uploaded documents will automatically be released. But with the help of this page, the admin can change the workflow status, even the document status such as draft or needs correction etc.
- Workflow: The administrator can create customized workflows and assign users to the workflow. This can help prevent the immediate release of a document without invigilation. The workflow also systemizes the steps to be done through using this system.
Another features in our EDMS related to the above ones at a glance shorty :
- Fully web based user interface
- Preservation of former document versions
- Users and groups management
- External authentication
- Fine grained notifications upon changes
- Workflow for document review, approval, revision
- Access control lists
- Full text search